Terms and conditions for commissioned painting -deprecated

I accept commission work for portraits of people, pets and for wildlife paintings as these are my most favorite subjects. All commissioned paintings will come with a certificate of authenticity. Please go thru the following terms and conditions for commission work and contact me using the contact us page.

I paint in realistic style and hence I will need high resolution reference photographs for the commission work. For human portrait, provide me at least 4-5 photos (digital images) so that I get a complete idea about the subject. For pet/animal/bird portrait and wildlife painting, I need one high resolution digital image. In case, I feel that the reference photos will not make a good painting then I may ask for more photos.

If needed, I can travel to patron's site (within Vancouver) for shooting reference image.

Make sure that the photo belongs to you OR you are not breaking any copyright laws by using it in any way.

Materials used:
I use Arches cold pressed paper 300 gsm – 140 lb for my commissioned works within 18" x 24". The paper thickness may be more depending on the size of painting and other painting requirements. I use only artist grade watercolors of most reputed brands like Winsor & Newton, M. Graham, Daniel Smith, Schmincke, Holbein. I have personally checked the light fastness and color quality of each of my colors and they are of excellent quality. The finished painting will be sprayed with fixative for more protection.

Minimum size of the commissioned painting is 10in x 12in and maximum size is 22in x 30in. The price of commission is calculated based on the size and complexity of the painting. Price is in Canadian Dollar.

For a simple painting with 1 person or 1 pet/animal/bird the cost will be $3 per sq. in. For a complex painting, the price is $4.5 per sq. in. For more than one subject the price will be 50% added for each extra figure. Prices do not include sales tax and shipping fee, which will be added at the time of payment.

Time requirements:
The time requirements may vary between 3 weeks to 2 months depending upon my availability.

40% non-refundable payment needs to be made before the start of the painting, once the commission is accepted by me. The remaining 60% payment is required before I dispatch the painting to you. Throughout the process of making the painting I will keep you updated and ask for any suggestions to make sure that you are completely satisfied with my work. The painting will be sent to you only when you are totally satisfied by the finished work. In case you need to cancel the commission during the process then I will have complete rights to use it for my own commercial purposes. If the painting reaches you in damaged condition then the 60% payment will be refunded after I receive the painting back.

You will have complete rights on the original painting. However, I will have the rights to make digital or Giclee prints of commissioned work, only if it is not a human portrait. I may use the photo of the painting on my website for commercial purposes.

The painting will have my signature over it (right bottom side) and overwriting/hiding it in any way will be a copyright violation.

Packaging and shipping:
The watercolor painting will be safely packed in a tube in a rolled format along with a certificate of authenticity and invoice of the commission. Presently, I am not providing a framing option for commission works.

Packaging and shipping are free worldwide for all my commissioned works.

I completely understand that the painting I will make will represent me in future. I will make sure that you are 100% satisfied by my work.

Feel free to contact me for any further queries regarding commission work.


My portrait paintings


Portrait paintings

My Naughty Kittens
Bubble Time Golden Beauty My First Beach Experience
Come, play with me!