Meeta can be commissioned to paint portraits of people, pets, wildlife or any subject which holds a very special place in your heart. All commissioned paintings will come with a certificate of authenticity. Please go thru the following terms and conditions for commission work and contact her using the Contact Us page.

A commissioned work will be painted in realistic style and hence will require high resolution reference photograph(s). For human portrait,  you need to provide at least 4-5 photos (digital images) so that the subject to be painted is well understood. Only one high resolution digital image will be required for pet/animal/bird portrait and wildlife painting. If the reference photos are not clear or good enough for painting then you may be asked to provide more photos.

If needed, Meeta is willing to travel to patron's site (within Vancouver) for shooting reference images.

Make sure that the photo belongs to you OR you are not breaking any copyright laws by using it in any way.

Materials used:
Commissioned works within 18" x 24" are usually painted on Arches cold-pressed paper 300 gsm – 140 lb. Please note that the paper type and thickness may change based on painting requirements. Only artist grade watercolors of most reputed brands like Winsor & Newton, M. Graham, Daniel Smith, Schmincke, and Holbein are used for commissioned works. Meeta personally checks the lightfastness of each of the colors she uses in her paintings to ensure that they are of excellent quality. The finished painting is sprayed with fixative for more protection.

Minimum size of the commissioned painting is 10in x 12in and maximum size is 22in x 30in. The price of commission is calculated based on the size and complexity of the painting. Price is in Canadian Dollar.

For a simple painting with 1 person or 1 pet/animal/bird the cost will be $3 per sq. in. For a complex painting, the price is $4.5 per sq. in. For more than one subject the price will be 50% added for each extra figure. Prices do not include sales tax, which will be added at the time of payment. Packaging and shipping are free worldwide for all commissioned works.

Time requirements:
The time requirements may vary between 3 weeks to 2 months depending upon availability.

40% non-refundable payment needs to be made before the start of the painting, once the commission is accepted. The remaining 60% payment is required before dispatching the painting to you. Throughout the process of making the painting you will be updated of the progress and you will be asked for any suggestions to make sure that you are completely satisfied with the artwork. The painting will be sent to you only when you are totally satisfied by the finished work. In case you need to cancel the commission during the process then Meeta will have complete rights to use it for her own commercial purposes. If the painting reaches you in damaged condition then the 60% payment will be refunded after the painting is returned back safely.

You will have complete rights on the original painting. However, Meeta will have the rights to make digital or Giclee prints of commissioned work (only if it is not a human portrait). The photo of the painting may be use d on her website for commercial purposes.

The painting will have artist's signature over it (right bottom side) and overwriting/hiding it in any way will be a copyright violation.

Packaging and shipping:
The watercolor painting will be safely packed in a heavy duty rolling tube with a certificate of authenticity and an invoice of the commission. Presently, commission work does not come with a framing option; you may contact Meeta for any framing related suggestions.

Every painting made by Meeta represents her passion and dedication towards her art. It will be made sure that you are 100% satisfied by her work before the painting is shipped to you.

Feel free to contact her for any further queries regarding commission work.


My portrait paintings

Hover over image or click to enlarge